REQUIREMENTS ON THE “SERVER” SITE
- Windows 2003 to 2019 server and Windows 7(XP) to 10 Pro with at least 2GB of memory - Windows 10 Home edition is not supported.
- On Windows 2008 to 2019, please make sure that the TSE/RDS role and the TSE/RDS licensing role are not installed to prevent conflict with TSplus services.
- 32 and 64 bits are supported.
- The required framework is .NET version 3.5 for all supported Windows versions.
- Over 50 concurrent sessions, we recommend to use a farm of servers, using the Load Balancing feature, available on the Enterprise Edition. Each server (physical or virtual ones) handling up to 50 concurrent users.
- The type of hardware you need will mostly depend on what kind of resources the applications you wish to publish consume the most (CPU/memory/Disk), and how many users you will give access to (from 3 to 50 and more). You might consider getting a server with SSD drives.
- The server must have a fixed private and public IP address and a fast internet connection is recommended.
REQUIREMENTS ON THE “CLIENT” SITE
- Microsoft workstations: Windows XP, W7, W8 and W10 are supported. A PDF Reader (like FoxIt) and Java should be installed on the users PCs.
- Macintosh workstations: You can use any MAC RDP client, or TSplus HTML5 clients.
- Linux Workstations: You can use Linux Rdesktop RDP client or TSplus HTML5 clients.
INSTALL TSPLUS REMOTE ACCESS
The installation process and configuration are straightforward. Run Setup-TSplus.exe program on the system you decided to use as the Remote Server. Then follow the installation steps and wait until the program asks you to reboot.
You can select between two custom options by ticking the corresponding boxes : Use custom proxy settings or Only download setup which does not install TSplus.
Web servers are listening on ports 80 and 443 by default. We recommend you to accept our TSplus default installation settings.
Since TSplus 11.40 version, you will have the choice to install the trial of the Ultimate edition of TSplus Advanced Security, our powerful Security Add-On, to your TSplus system.
After installation, 2 new icons will appear on your desktop.
TSPLUS ADMIN TOOL
Start the TSplus Admin Tool by clicking on the corresponding Desktop icon.
Your server is immediately ready to go. However, with the AdminTool, you can customize all the system parameters!
The first action will be to create users. The trial version is a full TSplus Enterprise Edition and enables up to 5 concurrent users for a period of 15 days.
(Click on the spots to learn more about the numerous features!)
CREATE USERS & CONNECTION CLIENTS
- Go to the System Tools tab and then click on "Users and Groups".
- Each user must have a logon AND a password. Beware when you create users of the box checked by default: "User must change password at next logon".
- Select the most suitable client for your needs. TSplus complies with Windows RDP protocol. So, any user can connect locally or remotely with a standard Remote Desktop Connection client (mstsc.exe) or any RDP compatible client.
- To fully benefit from the TSplus advanced features (Seamless client, RemoteApp, Universal Printer…) you can use a TSplus generated client or the TSplus Web Portal with Windows or HTML5 client.
MAKE YOUR SERVER ACCESSIBLE
In order to access your TSplus server from a remote location, you will have to create a port forwarding or port redirection rule for the 3389/80/443 ports depending on your preferred connection method. You can change the RDP port on the Home tab. And the 80/443 ports can be changed on the Web Server tab.
PUBLISH AND ASSIGN APPLICATIONS
Go to the Applications Tab to add, edit, remove and assign Applications.
- If you assign one application to a user, he will only see this application.
- You also can assign him the TSplus Taskbar, the Floating Panel or the Application Panel to display multiple applications.
- If you like, you can of course decide to publish a full Remote Desktop
ACCESS YOUR COMPANY SERVER FROM THE WEB
Your Remote Desktop Server must be available, easy-to-access and safe. That’s why TSplus utilizes a built-in HTTPS Web Server which helps you easily manage its status and operations directly from the AdminTool.
More, with the Web Application Portal, you will be able to publish Microsoft Windows applications (business applications, Office applications...) to the web.
As in Citrix, your users can access their applications directly from the Internet, simply by clicking on the application icon in the Portal web page, directly inside their own Internet browser!
Plus, using the Web Portal Design and the Web portal Preferences, you will be able to create your own customized HTML Web Access pages - and there is no need to be a web developer!